I know I haven’t exactly been in the St. Patty’s spirit – so Monday Charlotte and I made this little tambourine to help us celebrate! It’s super easy to make, but I would recommend it only for kids 2 1/2ish and up…even with Charlotte it was a little hard to keep her interest. Of course I had to keep stopping to take pics…which was frustrating to her. Rightfully so. But now
YOU can make one too 🙂 Here are the supplies you will need:
- 2 Paper plates
- gold/yellow glitter
- black markers
- ribbon/fabric scraps in rainbow colors
- scissors and glue
- Step 1: Cut off about 1/3 of the paper plates. Color the back sides black with marker. I suppose you could also cover them in black paper, but Charlotte really wanted to use markers.
Put them “right” sides together and staple well all around the outside edge. Leave the top open.
- Step 2: Cut out about 12 little circles out of cardstock. Spread glue on one side and sprinkle glitter all over them. Set them aside to dry. These are your coins.
(obviously it doesn’t matter if they are perfect circles 😉
- Step 3: Staple the streamers onto the back plate in the rainbow order.
Fill the pot with (what else?) money.
- Step 4: Lay the coins in between the plates peeking out of the pot.
Staple the coins and both plates together – sealing the pot.
YAY! Now make up some funky Irish dance and shake your tambourine!